The FJORD 60-C: The C is for Carry-on
One thing all filmmakers and photographers can attest to is that gear is heavy, expensive and bulky, not leaving much space for other essentials. Not only does their gear need to be on-hand, but bags need to be sturdy enough to withstand extreme situations. The FJORD C-60 balances these demands in a comfortable, adaptable CARRY-ON design (more info on this below). Fit more in, go even further.
The FJORD 60-C represents a true evolution in our FJORD adventure backpack range. It is stacked with new features like torso height adjustment, a top expansion pocket, a front expansion pocket, improved thickly padded shoulder harness and waist belt and the removable attachment straps.
Compressed the backpack holds 44L and can fully expand to 60L. Our top expansion pocket allows you to transform the pack from a 44-litre carry-on into a 52-litre adventure pack. Open the front expansion zips and transform the pack into the 60-litre expedition mode.
The NYA-EVO Fjord 60-C offers you:
- Peace of mind - keeps your camera equipment safe from the elements.
- Comfort - torso height adjustment system in three settings Small, Medium and Large. An aluminum frame and ergonomically designed shoulder straps with 2 cm thick foam. The waist belt is sewn closer to the center of the bag for an optimal fit to the hips. Back padding body contact fabric is quick drying, soft and non-abrasive.
- Ease and adaptability - three sizes of Removable Camera Insert - to be bought separately - see RCI product page for info.
- Versatility - for dynamic adventure sports as well as the urban jungle and general traveling. With carrying points for skis, snowboard, helmet, rope and ice axe, emergency whistle plus the ability to carry 15 inch laptop and other general travel gear.
- Stability - our load stabilizer system moves weight to the frame and the frame transfers it to the hips.
- Volume expanded: 60 liter
- Volume not expanded: 44 liter
- Weight: 1900 g / 4.18 lbs
- Weight stripped down: 1500 g / 3.3 lbs
- Dimensions expanded: 34 (W) x 70 (H) x 32 (D) cm / 13.4 (W) x 27.5 (H) x 12.6 (D) in
- Dimensions not expanded: 34 (W) x 56 (H) x 25 (D) cm / 13.4 (W) x 22 (H) x 9.8 (D) in
There is no one standard carry-on luggage size or international carry-on size. Each airline comes up with their own restrictions on size, weight, and number of items allowed in the cabin. So you need to check with your airliner of choice if the Fjord 60-C will fit the carry-on requirement but in general we believe the bag will fit for most airliners for international carry-on requirement.
Recommended international carry-on size for Fjord 60-C:
34 (W) x 56 (H) x 25 (D) cm
- High weather resistance provided by a combination of a thermoplastic polyurethane coated nylon fabric and polyurethane coated YKK® Aquaguard® zippers. In extreme conditions a seam-taped detachable rain cover can be attached for an extra protection barrier.
- Lightweight aluminum T6-6061 tubular frame combined with the use of high density foam covered with quick dry soft knitted fabric provide for optimal load management and carry comfort.
- Rear panel zipper provides full access to the main compartment for easy packing. This configuration has the extra benefit of having the zipper close to the body for anti-theft security and keeping your shoulder straps out of the dirt during access.
- The pack is equipped with a removable internal separator that divides the camera gear from the 'other gear'. This prevents unwanted items from the 'other gear' section to slide into the camera compartment.
- Removable compression & gear attachment straps for carrying equipment onto the exterior of the pack. The tensioning of these straps pull the load onto the aluminum frame for optimal carry comfort and stability during dynamic activities.
- The pack comes with a Hypalon® base which is extremely tough, waterproof and longwearing.
- Lightweight detachable seam-taped raincover included.
- Main compartment accessible from rear and top.
- Top zip pocket with expansion/compression system: roll or flap it down when not in use and make the bag smaller. Attached the rolled part with side release buckles each side of the bag.
- Front pocket expansion/compression system: open vertical zipper on each front side of the bag to give extra 7 cm more depth to the bag when more space is needed.
- Roomy quick access front pocket with inside organizer that serves multiple functions depending on the activity. For backcountry it fits most snow shovels, avalanche probe and small tools. For hiking & general travel it fits travel books (up to A4 in size), extra layers, small accessories and most 15 inch laptops in the padded sleeve. This sleeve doubles up as hydration system compartment.
- Front zip top pocket for quick access to small items (inside is the stretch mesh attachment).
- Stow-away stretch mesh attachment that can be fixed to loops on the outside of the pack. This system can used attach bulky items like helmets, sleeping bag, jackets or extra layers and is stored inside front zip top pocket.
Expandable body fabric side pockets give space even when the bag is fully stuffed.
- Webbing attachment loops on both sides of the waist belt.
- Internal organizational compartments for small camera accessories (memory cards, filters, etc) on the interior rear access panel.
- Two internal zipper mesh pockets for storage of small camera or travel accessories.
- Tripod or hiking poles attachment to the front or sides of the bag.
- Snowboard or snow shoes on front panel.
- Skis with both vertical and diagonal carry options.
- Helmet attachment system on front or top panel of the pack.
- Sleeping bags and mattresses on the sides, front or top of the pack (using helmet attachment system)
- High Tenacity Nylon 210 Denier Rip-stop fabric with thermoplastic polyurethane film on interior and water-repellant coating on exterior of the backpack.
- Polyester 200 Denier lining fabric with polyurethane coating.
- Soft touch quick dry knitted fabric for all contact points to the body.
- High density closed cell foams for suspension system.
- Glove friendly aluminum zip pullers and Woojin® or Duraflex® plastic side release buckles.
- Outside zippers are all YKK®️. Heavy gauge for rear zip and Aquaguard® zip for top and front zippers.
- Nylon webbing.
- Hypalon® base.